Re: Using ISO images as a repository

On Sat 04 Jan 2020 at 12:48:56 +0000, Brian wrote:

> On Fri 03 Jan 2020 at 14:36:38 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
>
> > Not an acceptable solution.
> > Debian can deal simply with repositories  on multiple sites.
> > Why not deal similarly with repositories on multiple files?
>
> David Wright has offered apt-cacher-ng as a solution and I will mention
> apt-cdrom. There is enough there to keep you occupied until mid-2020. :)

What goes around comes around.

The problem is that you have labelled loop mounting an ISO as a kludge
and see https://wiki.debian.org/Installation+Archive+USBStick as not
offering a solution. Having eliminated the only two viable alternatives,
there isn't anything to offer. Other users would wonder what it is that
you want to do.

I am loath to say it, but your approach to this issue is not acceptable.

--
Brian.