Re: Any Bluetooth 5 adapter Debian compatible

On 2020-01-06, Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> I think of "natively" as meaning "supported in the standard
> kernel". Some devices will still require a firmware blob, and
> of those, some will require an unfree firmware blob.

I consider natively to denote a device (in this case) that works without
the requirement of any software emulation to lead it to believe it is
functioning on a OS different from the host OS.

If a firmware blob might be considered a software emulation layer of
sorts, I wouldn't know, but still fail to see how or why whether a given
blob is free or not enters into the equation.

--
"J'ai pour me guérir du jugement des autres toute la distance qui me sépare de
moi." Antonin Artaud