Re: Print Settings issue

Greg Wooledge wrote:

> By the way, my third Google result for CUPS epson L355 is a PPD
> file at <https://github.com/endlessm/epson-inkjet-printer/blob/master/201207w/ppds/EPSON_L355.ppd>.
>
> There should be some way to provide this PPD file to CUPS for your
> printer, but I'm *really* not a printer expert.

Installation of the PPD file alone isn't enough.

The PPD includes the "cupsFilter" line, which requests the additional
filter "/usr/lib/cups/filter/epson_inkjet_printer_filter".

The "epson_inkjet_printer_filter" is most likely an executable (binary)
file and most likely comes from Epson, means: not found in the Debian
repository.

Best regards,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel
GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27