Re: Print Settings issue

On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 02:07:37AM +0800, kaye n wrote:
> By the way, I tried this:
>
> sudo apt install ./epson-inkjet-printer-201207w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb
>
> and I got:
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Note, selecting 'epson-inkjet-printer-201207w' instead of
> './epson-inkjet-printer-201207w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb'
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  epson-inkjet-printer-201207w : Depends: lsb (>= 3.2) but it is not
> installable

Same as gdebi, most likely.  That lsb package doesn't exist any more.
That ancient driver package will not be installable without the
slightly less ancient lsb package, and even if you COULD get it to
install, I have no idea whether it would even work.

> > It's Epson L355. Thanks!

By the way, my third Google result for CUPS epson L355 is a PPD
file at <https://github.com/endlessm/epson-inkjet-printer/blob/master/201207w/ppds/EPSON_L355.ppd>.

There should be some way to provide this PPD file to CUPS for your
printer, but I'm *really* not a printer expert.

Hmm, that 201207w in the URL is familiar-looking, isn't it.  Maybe the PPD
file came out of that ancient driver package.