Re: buster xfce fails to start

On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 03:12:45PM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
Sounds like you need to install firmware-amd-graphics.  It's in the
non-free section, so make sure you've enabled non-free and contrib.

I did that when setting up the mirror (which is debian.org via my
approx server).  Again, I have installed Debian dozens of times, using
EXPERT mode, and so am reasonably familiar with the installer.

I suppose that I need to download the firmware on another machine and
copy it to USB flash, and then reinstall the system.  That is one
thing (finding and downloading firmware) which I do not recall ever
having done.