Re: Any Bluetooth 5 adapter Debian compatible

André Rodier wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. I have this one, but I could not manage to have
> it working. The usual hciconfig command fails, with an error message
> "not supported". The interface is marked as down.
>
> The device appears on Windows, but neither works.
>
> I don't mind (too much) a non-free firmware for now.

I have installed

# dpkg -l | grep firm
ii  bluez-firmware                          1.2-4
all          Firmware for Bluetooth devices
ii  firmware-linux-free                     3.4
all          Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel
ii  firmware-misc-nonfree                   20190114-2
all          Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel

I think could be you want the bluez-firmware package.

If it does not work - try opening the system log unplug and plug in the usb
stick - or unload - load the drivers and post the log output.

regards