Re: Any Bluetooth 5 adapter Debian compatible

On 1/5/20 3:24 AM, deloptes wrote:
André Rodier wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a USB / Bluetooth 5 adapter, natively compatible with
Debian.

Thanks,
André

most of them are

I use ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

Double check if adapter (newer once) are LE - there were issues with them.

I would just pick up one and see if the chipset is supported in linux and
what is the experience with that chip.

regards

Regarding the original request, I've been doing some research and came across the following: https://www.lm-technologies.com/

They have combination WIFI/Bluetooth as well as pure Bluetooth, both low power and large/long range. And they claim Linux compatibility.

It looks like the majority of the pure Bluetooth devices are only 4.0. There is one combination WIFI/Bluetooth I saw that is 5.0.

Does anyone have any actual experience with dongles from this manufacturer to share?

Thanks,

Bob