Package comitup: bootstrap Wifi using Wifi

Hi..

Just an observation about a package that bubbled to the top of the
10,000 or so available on Debian's main repository. Debian-Cross has a
post this morning [0] that got me wondering how many things
"bootstrap" might sound interesting in Debian.

In the process, "comitup" showed up in an "apt-cache search" query.
Its description is:

+++++++++++++
Description-en: bootstrap Wifi using Wifi
 Comitup will attempt to connect to wifi using an established connection. If
 that fails, is creates a hotspot and web service to aid in configuring a
 connection.
+++++++++++++

Comitup didn't pull up at all when I searched 5860MB of outstanding
emails so I figured maybe it doesn't see much airtime. Am wandering
off now wondering out loud if a Wifi guru out here might, either yay
or nay, see any usefulness in comitup for assisting Users with
unusually difficult to connect Wifi setups.

Additionally, that creating a hotspot part of its description,
maybe... any useful tips about security related to that would be
helpful, too, now that this is out here where new Users turn for
information....

Happy Sunday.. :)

[0] kfreebsd-any support in rebootstrap?
https://lists.debian.org/debian-cross/2020/01/msg00000.html

PS Make that... 586*1* MB... QUIT IT!! :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with... a *oops*, forgot to buy those Debian-friendly dial-up
modems, need to do that... Right. Now. *