Re: Using ISO images as a repository

On 01/03/2020 10:51 AM, David Wright wrote:
On Fri 03 Jan 2020 at 10:30:24 (-0600), Richard Owlett wrote:
I have a large hard disk but a low data cap on my internet connection.

I have all the distribution DVDs stored as *.ISO files in a single
directory on my hard disk.

It would *SEEM* to be logical to use the "file option" of sources.list .
HOWEVER, all I've ever seen is the kludge of individually loop
mounting all the ISO files.

Is that my only option?
TIA

Is this a rerun of the thread

Overly simplistic answer:  No
Better answer:
No. That thread had a different starting point and a different goal.
However, when viewed as multidimensional surfaces, they intersect.

Brian pointed to https://wiki.debian.org/ManipulatingISOs .
Section 4. "Loopmount an ISO Without Administrative Privileges" may
hint at a solution to my *current* problem.

I'll have to re-read some posts in thread you referenced.
Part of the problem revolves around how Linux is documented. Although I've flunked a number of college composition courses over last decades, I do recall a dictum "Who is your audience?"