Re: Dual monitors - after monitor sleep, forget settings

On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 20:54:51 -0500
Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> wrote:

> However, I confess to not being that familiar with the terminology
> here.
>
> Is "starting [my] session" going to happen when the still-running
> computer turns the monitor back on? I associate that with logging out
> of the display manager.

Starting the session is indeed when you log in, and the session ends
when you log out. However, when I have shut my monitors off, manually
or via the power manager, the arrangement has stayed intact.

I had occasion to look at the XFCE display application, and it has a
box you can tick labeled, "Configure new displays when connected." I
wonder if your display application is treating your displays when you
turn them on as "new". If your display application has a similar box,
try un-ticking it.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com