Re: Dual monitors - after monitor sleep, forget settings

On 1/1/20 5:47 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 17:06:11 -0500
Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> wrote:

Suggestions?
Yes. I have the same problem with XFCE's built in display application.

Use arandr to set up your dual monitor setup. Having done that, have
arandr save the setup. That will give you a short shell script (in the
~/.screenlayout directory). Then have MATE run that script as part of
starting your session.

The XFCE Display applet respects this setup one XFCE is running.
Possibly the MATE equivalent will also.

Thanks.

However, I confess to not being that familiar with the terminology here.

Is "starting [my] session" going to happen when the still-running
computer turns the monitor back on? I associate that with logging out
of the display manager.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!