Fresh-installed Debian 10 (UEFI, LUKS&LVM) not accessible through Secure Boot (was: No Grub to launch my new Debian 10 with LUKS&LVM (UEFI))

Hi,

1 janv. 2020 à 10:36 de didier.gaumet@gmail.com:

> SecureBoot has its own limitations and perhaps your use case is covered here:
>  https://wiki.debian.org/SecureBoot#Secure_Boot_limitations
>
> for example, I cannot use SecureBoot on my recent laptop due to my Realtek RTL8821ce wireless card, for which there is a driver that is out out of the linux kernel tree. So I have to build a DKMS module that forbids use of SecureBoot (I could sign my own module to use SB, though) ...

Thank you for the pointer.

I understand that when you go Debian off-road (i.e install some specific packages/drivers for your unsupported hardware), you don't comply with Secure Boot out-of-the-box anymore.

However, is it normal that I cannot boot my Debian as soon as I installed it?
I mean I didn't go on the Internet and told Debian to install something specific, I only ran the installer so I shouldn't have any out of the Debian tree package installed...
My Debian should be very standard and should comply with SB at this point, no?

Thank you and Happy GNU Year to everyone on this list! :)
Best regards,
l0f4r0