Re: Difference between ipp, ipps, http, https CUPS protocols?

Gene Heskett wrote:
> > CreateProfile failed:
> > org.freedesktop.ColorManager.AlreadyExists:profile ... already exists
> >
> Thats permissions.. But why can't the same software that wrote that
> profile, rewrite that profile?

Ask the software developer, which I'm not.

> So what do I do to get admin writes, including overwriting the
> edited ppd or whatever when there is no root pw, only sudo.

ever did: sudo su

> So if its complaining it can't overwrite the file, when its the exact
> same sw that wrote it three days back up the log.

No, the regular rotated logfile shows the error in the logfile three days
ago. But I think this happened more often - in older logfiles.

Best regars,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel
GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27