Re: KISS gpg

>> AFAICT the sockets are not created in GNUPGHOME, so your "gpg with other
>> GNUPGHOME" will still talk to the same agent and confusion will ensue.
> yes seems the only way is true a different user, as it seems to be per
> design one user - one agent, which also makes sense as the agent is the
> interface to the private keys.

But that precludes the OP's use-case where a single user wants to manage
different installation of the same keys, some protected with a password
and some without (or with a different password).

I think it would make a lot of sense for the gpg agent to pay attention
to the gog client's homedir so as not to mix the data of one homedir
with that of another.

In any case, I think this should be on gpg's issue tracker.

        Stefan