Re: Subject: Re: Authentication for telnet.

On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 20:13:57 -0700
peter@easthope.ca wrote:

> From: Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com>
> Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 10:59:47 -0600
> > First, this is a Debian Linux support list, not an Oberon support
> > list.
>
> Yes!  Exactly the right place for a question about telnetd in a
> Debian system.
>
> This illustrates why I tried to avoid mention of Oberon at the
> outset. It's a distraction, not essential to the question.  The
> telnet client might also be in MS Windows running in QEMU in the
> debian system or in FreeDOS in QEMU in the debian system.  They might
> provide analogous contexts.  But the question was about the telnetd
> server in debian; not about the telnet client.
>
> > If you are running a GUI, most desktop environments will allow you
> > to have multiple terminal emulators open. Many of those will allow
> > you multiple tabs, each with a session open.
> >
> > If you are not running a GUI, CTL-ALT-(F1-F6) will allow you up to
> > six simultaneous logins.
> >
> > There are ways to get more, such as screen.
>
> Please read the message you have replied to again.  Protocols Telnet
> and SSH are available; nothing else you mention.

Now you have me further confused. If this is about telnetd on a Debian
system, then absent serious surgery to the point of crippling the host,
those things are available.

Or am I in error in believing that you want to telnet to the same
account on the same Debian machine?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com