Subject: Re: Authentication for telnet.

From: Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 10:59:47 -0600
> First, this is a Debian Linux support list, not an Oberon support
> list.

Yes!  Exactly the right place for a question about telnetd in a
Debian system.

This illustrates why I tried to avoid mention of Oberon at the outset.
It's a distraction, not essential to the question.  The telnet client
might also be in MS Windows running in QEMU in the debian system or in
FreeDOS in QEMU in the debian system.  They might provide analogous
contexts.  But the question was about the telnetd server in debian;
not about the telnet client.

> If you are running a GUI, most desktop environments will allow you to
> have multiple terminal emulators open. Many of those will allow you
> multiple tabs, each with a session open.
>
> If you are not running a GUI, CTL-ALT-(F1-F6) will allow you up to six
> simultaneous logins.
>
> There are ways to get more, such as screen.

Please read the message you have replied to again.  Protocols Telnet and SSH are
available; nothing else you mention.

Regards,                             ... P.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon