Re: Authentication for telnet.

On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 07:25:39 -0700
peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> From: Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net>
> Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 23:03:14 +0000

> > So I think we really do still need to know more about your use
> > case.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon_(operating_system)
> https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon
>
> I tried to make the orginal question as specific as possible.

You may have tried but you have failed.

First, this is a Debian Linux support list, not an Oberon support list.
So I fail to see the relevance of Oberon to the issue.

Second, several people have asked just what you are trying to do, and
all you have done is obfuscate the matter.

If you want to have multiple shell sessions on the same account on the
same computer, telnet is at best an unnecessary complication and at
worst a security nightmare.

If you are running a GUI, most desktop environments will allow you to
have multiple terminal emulators open. Many of those will allow you
multiple tabs, each with a session open.

If you are not running a GUI, CTL-ALT-(F1-F6) will allow you up to six
simultaneous logins.

There are ways to get more, such as screen.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/