Re: how to get odbc working for connection to mariadb in debian buster

Myself, on 2019-10-08:
> Joe, on 2019-10-08:
> > May 2019, but after the buster release freeze. You could check the
> > dependencies against buster (I don't have one, my former stables are now
> > oldstable): https://packages.debian.org/sid/odbc-mariadb
> > If they do match, the .deb is available here.
>
> I could get the "odbc-mariadb" package from Sid installed on
> Buster by just copying it on the target machine, and running:
>
> 	$ apt install ./odbc-mariadb_3.1.1-1_amd64.deb
>
> But past that point, I don't know much how to check it properly
> works with both ODBC and MariaDB from Buster.  But if
> dependencies are properly stated in the control file, then
> logically, it should work.

Well, technically, it should work, but maintenance as updates
will go on until Bullseye stabilisation will be... challenging,
especially if security vulnerabilities are requiring
corrections, and packages made available in Debian Buster are
not sufficient any more.

Definitely something to put on the table with the client, one
way or another...  or giving a hand with buster-backports ?

Kind Regards,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d