Re: how to get odbc working for connection to mariadb in debian buster

I am on stable, (buster) and I have no such package.  I wonder if it
would even install on buster, if I could find the .deb.  I am pretty
sure my client does not want me to go to sid.

On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 14:20:29 -0400,
Étienne Mollier wrote:

> [1  <multipart/mixed (7bit)>]
> On 08/10/2019 16.56, John Covici wrote:
> > Hi.  I am having a terrible time trying to get a package to connect to
> > mariadb using Debian buster.  There seems to be no package in the
> > repository and when I tried to build the source package downloaded
> > from mariadb itself, it looks for include files in the wrong places,
> > such as /usr/include/mysql.h .  What packages do I need for this to
> > work properly?    I have unixodbc and its development files along with
> > the obcinst packages, but no driver for the database.
> >
> > Any assistance would be appreciated.
> >

> Hi John,
>
> This might be a blind shot, but have you tried to install the
> package odbc-mariadb, which appears with this "apt search"
> request:
>
> 	$ apt search odbc mariadb
> 	Sorting... Done
> 	Full Text Search... Done
> 	[... a few packages ...]
> 	odbc-mariadb/unstable 3.1.1-1 i386
> 	  ODBC driver for MariaDB
>
> It looks like a good candidate as an ODBC driver for MariaDB.
>
> Note that I am running Sid, so your output may differ if you are
> running Stable.
>
> Kind Regards,  :)
> --
> Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
> Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d
>
> [2 OpenPGP digital signature <application/pgp-signature (7bit)>]
> No public key for 640C990CE4C02D9B created at 2019-10-08T14:20:29-0400 using RSA

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici@ccs.covici.com