Re: Dependencies et al (was: Default Debian install harassed me)

On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 10:05:30PM +0300, Reco wrote:
On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 02:45:29PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 09:17:21PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 01:54:17PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > I don't agree that responding to a troll will lead to a beneficial outcome.
>
> You're entitled to your option, of course.

For context, the most recent message from that account started out with:

And, for the context, I was referring to the child of the original
e-mail, which stated:

This is harassment because you force me to use either
Xarchiver or Ark, you don't give me the choice to use none.
All normal package managers would just remove everything
that depends on Xarchiver, not force me to install alternative.

Whenever it's a harassment it's for an appropriate Debian Team to
decide, of course.

No, reasonable people can evaluate it on their own without an appeal to authority. Trying to legitimize an inappropriate email is worse for the overall well-being of the list than just ignoring it, and hand-wringing over whether there was a good point hidden in the garbage simply dignifies it more than it deserves.