Re: Dependencies et al (was: Default Debian install harassed me)

On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 04:39:56PM +0300, Reco wrote:
No, I got you first time. Rather it's my response deviated elsewhere.

I see nothing in those three packages that would qualify as "xyzzy".
Alternatives? No. Mime types registration? No.
About the only common thing about all three packages is that they are
GUI archivers.
I do not question a choice of these three archivers as "lxqt"
dependency. What I do question is the kind of dependency itself.

I don't agree that responding to a troll will lead to a beneficial outcome. In this case, unless you're specifically trying to remove all of these specific dependencies (for no apparent reason) *it simply doesn't matter*. Saying, "there was a troll post which shows that this is an issue" just isn't compelling. Are there any real users with valid use cases for which this as an issue? If not, why encourage another dozen messages about it?