Re: Dependencies et al (was: Default Debian install harassed me)

On Mon 07 Oct 2019 at 21:17:21 +0300, Reco wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 01:54:17PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 04:39:56PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> > > No, I got you first time. Rather it's my response deviated elsewhere.
> > >
> > > I see nothing in those three packages that would qualify as "xyzzy".
> > > Alternatives? No. Mime types registration? No.
> > > About the only common thing about all three packages is that they are
> > > GUI archivers.
> > > I do not question a choice of these three archivers as "lxqt"
> > > dependency. What I do question is the kind of dependency itself.
> >
> > I don't agree that responding to a troll will lead to a beneficial outcome.
>
> You're entitled to your option, of course.

It is magnanimous of you to entertain that idea.

> Still, there were some valid points in that e-mail.

The "staff" on this list are entitled to work without fear of having
explicit insults and inappropriate language thrown at them, especially
when they choose to participate. The expectation is to work in a decent,
well-ordered, respectful, unviolent, and helpful environment.

It doesn't matter how valid the points made are. If you are kicking the
target in the teeth at the same time, they are not uppermost in your
mind and deserve to be ignored.

It is not just what you say - it is the way that you say it that matters.
This isn't, or shouldn't be, an anything goes list.

--
Brian.