Re: et.al., (was: Dependencies et al, was: Default Debian install harassed me)

On Mon 07 Oct 2019 at 15:09:09 +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

[...]

> But how do Debian list servers know ?

A good question. How are my mails matched with my subscribed address
so that I am awarded the accolade of LDOSUBSCRIBER? On the basis that
my past statements about the SMTP protocol (whatever they were) have
not been well received, I decline to offer any suggestion.

> Is it because Exim 4.89 said "MAIL FROM:<...subscribed.address...>" to
> lists.debian.org ?

"subscribed.address" is the HELO and can be what I want it to be. See
the headers of my previous mail.

> Or is it because the first mail hop added "envelope-from" to its Received:
> header ?

>           (envelope-from <...>)
>           id 1iHRiB-0006S7-Ks
>           for debian-user@lists.debian.org; Mon, 07 Oct 2019 13:01:59 +0100

I can alter that too, and still be designated LDOSUBSCRIBER.

--
Brian.