Re: checking ssh server is running

On 2019-10-07 14:28, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Sat, Oct 05, 2019 at 08:42:51PM +0100, mick crane wrote:
after checking through /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the server
basic use is
systemctl start sshd.service
systemctl stop sshd.service
systemctl restart sshd.service
systemctl enable sshd.service ( should start sshd at boot )
systemctl disable sshd.service (should stop sshd at boot )

While these commands may work, it's worth pointing out that the service
name is actually ssh.service. sshd.service is just an alias name for it.

In most situations, that won't matter, but if you attempt to make a
drop-in configuration directory to change the unit file, you WILL need
to use the correct service name.  I found this out the hard way, so I
thought I'd mention it to help others avoid the same pains.

so it is.
Are all services daemons ?

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31