Re: checking ssh server is running

On 2019-10-05 20:03, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 05/10/2019 17:15, mick crane wrote:
On 2019-10-05 17:01, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

I am trying to figure out how to check if ssh is running using
systemD which is of course what Debian and Raspbian use.

However my search term

system d check ssh server is running

If it's the client on the same PC you'd know. if sshd "systemctl
status sshd" or "ps ax | grep ssh"

Hi

Thanks for this,  should be really helpful. To give some background as
what this is for. At the South Devon Tech Jam we one of the Google AIY
voice kits,  it needs me to ssh in to complete the set up process.

after checking through /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the server
basic use is
systemctl start sshd.service
systemctl stop sshd.service
systemctl restart sshd.service
systemctl enable sshd.service ( should start sshd at boot )
systemctl disable sshd.service (should stop sshd at boot )

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31