Re: checking ssh server is running

On 05/10/2019 17:15, mick crane wrote:
> On 2019-10-05 17:01, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am trying to figure out how to check if ssh is running using
>> systemD which is of course what Debian and Raspbian use.
>>
>> However my search term
>>
>> system d check ssh server is running
>
> If it's the client on the same PC you'd know. if sshd "systemctl
> status sshd" or "ps ax | grep ssh"

Hi

Thanks for this,  should be really helpful. To give some background as
what this is for. At the South Devon Tech Jam we one of the Google AIY
voice kits,  it needs me to ssh in to complete the set up process.
One of the Young regular attendees has sort of taken on the project
but this. I am helping a little in between doing other things at the
event.

Network wise, so far I can ping from another pi / device on the
network and the AIY kit can ping back. So we know there is a network
connection between the two devices.   However I can't ssh in (no route
to host),  so given that ssh is not enabled by default on Raspbian
(raspberry pi OS) I thought that may have something to do with it.
However I am not sure at which point that became the case.

So at the next event (Saturday) I have something I can go in with to
see if this is the case,  if not it means more digging around to
figure out the issue, if this is the culprit, we can fix easily.

Issues aside the project is a learning opportunity,  trouble shooting
is also a learning opportunity,  so to me it is all positive.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
http://www.zleap.net
gnupg : 7D6D B682 F351 8D08 1893  1E16 F086 5537 D066 302D
https://fediverse.party/ - zleap@social.isurf.ca