Re: kernel unsigned

deloptes, on 2019-10-03:
> Gerard ROBIN wrote:
>
> >> What exactly bugs you about the signed kernel?  The kernel is so big
> >> that the extra signatures hardly make a difference.
> > I read somewhere that the signed kernel was for the "secure boot" of
> > microsoft and I have nothing of microsoft on my machine, so that's why
> > I installed the unsigned kernel.
>
> does someone know if signed is needed for UEFI to work properly in some
> configurations?

Good day deloptes,

I don't know if someone else hit some other corner base, but
signed kernels, bootloaders, drivers, and the like are only
required if one wishes to, or has to, boot with UEFI Secure Boot
enabled.  That's the only configuration I can think of where it
would be needed.

Kind Regards,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d