Re: usr merge apparently breaks amanda

Gene writes:
> Firewall rule?  I haven't run iptables on any of these machines since
> forever but with systemd taking over, I've no clue how to disable it
> if it is running.  htop see's nothing that looks like iptables, has it
> been renamed?

Iptables is not a daemon.  It is a tool for installing and administering
kernel filtering rules.  It runs once at bootup and then exits when a
firewall has been installed.

Systemd can install a set of firewall rules at bootup but I don't think
it does anything by default.

The default Debian firewall rules are wide open.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com