Re: Document removal of ecryptfs-utils from Buster

Il 30/06/19 11:52, Curt ha scritto:

  Due to #765854 ecryptfs-utils has been removed from Buster.
  The kernel module (ecryptfs.ko) is still built but depending on the
  upgrade path users will be unable to mount their encrypted home
  directories (pam module, ecryptfs-mount-private missing).
  So they should probably be strongly advised to not upgrade.

Should I count myself lucky that I have two systems running "testing" with also "stable" sources? Perhaps it's time to mark the package as "hold" :)

I'd be interested to know if there is an alternative: not so much for my desktop but my laptop really needs it. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Regards,
Andrea.