Re: Off topic: Carbon. Was: Off topic: remaja (teens)

On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 21:00:10 +0300
Georgios <gpdsbe@mailbox.org> wrote:

> Personally
> Right or wrong are highly subjective. Besides that right or wrong
> always has to do with your goal. What accomplish your goal is right.
> for example.
> Want to be good a math?
> Well the right thing to do is study after school.
>

> Socially
> You could say that every society based on its values finds something
> that is considered right by the majority.
> for example.
> Slavery i bet 99% of us would agree that is wrong and would criticize
> it. Slavery was accepted as right a couple hundred years ago.

And punitive levels of taxation are accepted today.

> By the way the last example probably answer to Heinlein.(based on
> today values)
>
> ps.Just felt that I had to answer that quote. Dont really like what it
> implies. Of course it could be out of context.

There is no context, it was a standalone aphorism.

> On 6/23/19 1:26 PM, Joe wrote:
>

> > "Does history record any case in which the majority was right?"
> >
> > R A Heinlein

OK, an exaggeration, but a general comment that the mob is almost
always misinformed, often deliberately.

--
Joe