Re: System on a chip - performance relative size and setup (how can the (Debian) setup make a difference?)

Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2019, 4:10 PM Erik Josefsson <
> erik.hjalmar.josefsson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The Ubuntu version that Teres-I comes with feels almost as good, which is
> > why I still don't understand why running Debian from the SD-card doesn't.
> >
> Then I would be interested to know which release of Ubuntu and see an
> installed package list. But i will hit the websites, no need to post here.

He seems to be comparing speed of Ubuntu on an internal eMMC
storage (16GB, 8 bit interface) to the speed of Debian on an
SD card interface (either 4 bit or 1 bit interface, depending
on what they chose).

The eMMC should transfer twice as fast at minimum, and possibly
8x as fast as the SD card.

-dsr- (I looked at the spec.)