Re: System on a chip - performance relative size and setup (how can the (Debian) setup make a difference?)

On 6/18/19 5:46 PM, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

If the computer runs from the SD card, the memory you are talking about is also on that same SD card, no?

No. The SD card is analogous to the hard drive, not to the RAM.

Thanks! Now things start to make sense again :-)

That means there could be some margin of performance optimization of Teres-I, but the non-SD-card hardware together with the "IO bus design" songbird mentioned (thank you songbird!) is non-configurable, i.e. the real bottleneck.

I need either to drop gui or figure out a way to make the Teres-I laptop perform almost as good as a Lenovo N22-20 Chromebook model 80SF (which is what the kids had last year).

Or drop Teres-I.

//Erik