Re: System on a chip - performance relative size and setup (how can the (Debian) setup make a difference?)

On 6/18/19 9:04 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
I need either to drop gui or figure out a way to make the Teres-I
laptop perform almost as good as a Lenovo N22-20 Chromebook model 80SF
(which is what the kids had last year).
Such a Lenovo Chromebook outperforms the Teres-1 on every way.

I know, that's why I wrote "almost as good".

The Ubuntu version that Teres-I comes with feels almost as good, which is why I still don't understand why running Debian from the SD-card doesn't.

Maybe it's just a technical fact that it can never do, regardless of optimizations and settings, and that I didn't get that memo?

You should use Teres-I not for its speed but its price and ethics:
https://www.olimex.com/Products/DIY-Laptop/

The real world cost of using Teres-I with a Pure Blend can only be justified with the latter.

The only other, in that sense, ethical laptop I know of are the ones you can buy from puri.sm.

Because PureOS is a Debian Pure Blend, isn't it?

//Erik