Re: Getting amd64 stretch netinstall to work.

On Sun 09 Jun 2019 at 18:07:11 (+0300), andreimpopescu@gmail.com wrote:
> On Vi, 05 apr 19, 13:05:56, David Wright wrote:
> >
> > A solution might be to install over a serial link, but I don't
> > think you can do that with the d-i itself, only with 3rd-party
> > mangled versions.
>
> Sure it can, it's how most ARM boards are installed.

Good. Then it should be a simple matter to capture the d-i screens
while setting up the network. It's something I've never bothered
with, but Felix might be interested in doing. Looking at
https://www.pontikis.net/blog/debian-7-wheezy-rc1-lamp-server-setup-step-by-step
which Felix cited, you can see that this section is missing
(between the "Network" heading and "Set Hostname and Domain".

Cheers,
David.