Re: How to set access permissions to protect a database file?

Many thanks to Mick, David and Joe,

To guarantee "some" protection to the file containing the database I decided to use the following strategy:

I created, as root, the directory /home/reading_room

And activated the "sticky bit" of the reading_room directory with the command:

chmod +t /home/reading_room/

And transferred, the files to the new directory with the following access permissions:

reading_room.tcl rwxr--r-x (owner markos)

reading_room.db rw-r--rw- (owner markos)
This way other users can run the reading_room.tcl program but can't  but not edit.

And can't delete the files (.tcl or .db)

Trying to protect against Murphy, but not Machiavelli.

Thank you,
Markos