Re: web page problem

Gene Heskett composed on 2019-06-13 16:44 (UTC-0400):

> Felix Miata wrote:

> Alias   /urlDebSub/ "/LocalPathHostingTheDebs/"

> I've done that to /etc apache2/apache2.conf, and restarted it.

> Then because the web servers root page is at /var/www/html, and gene is
> the head of the data, I touched urlDebSub in /var/www/html/gene, made it

Can touch create a new directory, or only a file?

urlDebSub is an alias seen in URLs on the web, not a real directory on the Apache
server.

e.g. My screenshots are in a directory named screenshots. The alias name in
default-server.conf is /SS/, so the URL to reach the screenshots I host reads
www.mywebsite.com/SS/.

> owned by www-data:www-data, and modified gene/index.html accordingly. No
> errors, but blank page. Suspect a perms breakage someplace. I get
> perfect results, but www-data:www-data can't.  And I can't make the
> whole chain a 0777. Or shouldn't. 0755 should do it, but doesn't seem
> to.
Probably need something like this:

<Directory "/LocalPathHostingTheDebs">
 Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
 AllowOverride None
        <IfModule !mod_access_compat.c>
                Require all granted
        </IfModule>