Re: UEFI beginner questions

Le 08/06/2019 à 04:46, tuulen a écrit :

I was in the process of partitioning my hard drive to install Debian when I
encountered a couple of UEFI complications.  My HP Laptop with Windows 10
does not offer a way to disable the "secure boot" feature of UEFI, so that
makes Debian off limits.

I am surprised that the firmware does not offer a way to disable secure boot (sometimes the procedure is rather tedious). This means that legacy boot is not supported either.

Note that Buster, the next Debian version which is expected to be released soon, supports UEFI secure boot.