Re: USB digital microscope from Walmart

On 6/5/19 3:09 PM, Mike McClain wrote:
    I bought a USB digital microscope from Walmart that the ads
claimed would work under Win2K and Linux. So far the supplier has
failed to back up that claim with meaningful info.
Has anyone had any luck getting one of these working under Debian?
    This one claims 1000x magnification and the supplier is E4. They
don't answer the phone and email correspondence has so far prove
useless.
Thanks,
Mike
--
    If all the CHP drove the speed limit, perforce, so would the rest of us.
How many lives a year would that save? - MM

I Have something that may be similar.  Its Jiusion Digital Microscope.  It works with the viewer guvcview.  Its in Debian so it should be safe.  I had to plug it in several times to get the kernel to recognize it ... use lsusb.  First run lsusb then plug it in and see if there is any difference.  Mine just showed up as Bus 001 Device 015: ID a16f:0304 with no name.  Yoursd will be different so just look for the change.

I got the idea from Kris Occhipinti.  Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxUPCV3gbqw is where he runs the microscope with cheese.

Hope this helps.

--

...Bob