Re: OpenGL forwarding via ssh session: works on jessie, does not work on stretch

On 6/5/19 10:26 PM, Simon S wrote:
> I think i found the culprit:
>
> I use the debian apt repo for machinekit and the rt kernel:
> deb [arch=armhf] http://repos.rcn-ee.com/debian/ stretch main
>
> This repo installs libGL.so.1.0.0 instead of libGL.so.1.2.0.
> I forced to use the default debian apt source repo and purged all libgl stuff from the rcnee repo.
>
> And now i get:
>> glxinfo|head
> name of display: localhost:10.0
> display: localhost:10  screen: 0
> direct rendering: No (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT set)
> server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> server glx version string: 1.4
>
> perfect!

Excellent!  :)

Sorry for not having replied a bit sooner, I was still trying to
make sense of the situation.  I confirm the OpenGL library is
made available in my Stretch boxe in version 1.2.0:

	$ dpkg -S /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.2.0
	libgl1-mesa-glx:i386: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.2.0

Also, if I may add, you wrote:
> I also think the xserver on the BBB should not be necessary
> for running stuff via ssh -X on a remote screen. I think I
> killed the server on jessie once and ssh -X still worked fine.

True, it is not needed.  I guess it may even be unwelcome on CNC.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>