use mailx instead of sendmail in apt-listchanges

Hi,

I have apt-listchanges installed and registered in apt system:

# apt-config dump | grep apt-listchanges
DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs:: "/usr/bin/apt-listchanges --apt || test $? -lt 10";
DPkg::Tools::Options::/usr/bin/apt-listchanges "";
DPkg::Tools::Options::/usr/bin/apt-listchanges::Version "2";
DPkg::Tools::Options::/usr/bin/apt-listchanges::InfoFD "20";
#

"frontend" in /etc/apt/listchanges.conf is set to "mail" and valid
e-mail address is set with "email_address" configuration option. Now
when I upgrade a package which has NEWS/changelog present, then I get
the "apt-listchanges: The mail frontend needs an installed 'sendmail',
using pager" error message. This is because I don't have
/usr/sbin/sendmail binary installed. I prefer to use mail/mailx and an
external MTA.

What could be the most elegant workaround in this situation? Create a
/usr/sbin/sendmail wrapper script which processes the
"/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t" command called by apt_listchanges.py and
sends the mail using mailx? Modify the apt_listchanges.py? Something
else?

thanks,
Martin