Re: gkrellm vs gkweather plugin

On Sunday 02 June 2019 04:12:07 pm Ulf Volmer wrote:

> On 02.06.19 21:35, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > gkrellm's weather pluggin worked flawlessly for wheezy, doesn't work
> > on stretch. I just re-installed it all and I am still looking at the
> > weather from kckb for 7 may, the last day I ran wheezy.
> >
> > What should I check next?
>
> I guess you hit

> Manually create the dir and place a symlink there should solve this
> bug unless someone fix it.

One could do that, but a handy session of mc just
copied /usr/share/gkrellm/* (which is where grabweather was installed by
the deb pkg)to /usr/local/share/gkrellm/*
so I'll see if that fixes it shortly. Yes, it did, THANK YOU Ulf.

FWIW, I have not seen the error in the logs either. Who is supposed to
own these files? And what perms are expected.

Frankly, someones paranoia has made it impossible for anything I install
to make and write to a log file in /var/log/ and I had to jump thru all
sorts of perms loops to let even some of the stuff from the initial
install actually keep logs. Its been such a pita that for stuff thats
mine, I've moved the logs, and logrotates recipe's, to a log subdir in
my home directory. Solves all them critters in one swell foop.  I would
do that to gkrellm if it was a .conf option.  Everything I moved shows
it belongs to root:root, but has enough perms, ahh, I see whatever
starts and stops it is writeing to daemon.log. But not finding the
weather plugin is never mentioned there. I don't believe anything that
turn up in a grep -R query actually came from gkrellm.

But now its working, and I thank you very much.

> Best regards
> Ulf

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)