# systemctl status sshd.service

>From asking it to start at boot:

Failed to save action : Systemd service ssh cannot be created unless a
command is given

Trying the suggested commands:

Failed to enable unit: Unit file sshd.service does not exist.

Failed to start sshd.service: Unit sshd.service not found.

Unit sshd.service could not be found.

> Have you tried removing openssh-server package and reinstalling it?
> If you re using any version of Debian the default
> installation comes with sane defaults and it leaves the service
> enabled and running.

Reinstalling (from an RPi mirror) did nothing. Trying to get it started
at boot gave the same error message as before.

My problem was the lame error message -- there are lots of commands on
my server. The suggestions from the list gave me enough info that I feel
I have some things to look after. Looks like creating an sshd.service
unit file would be a good idea.

I was also glad to see that Gene had gone back to Raspian -- my next
step was going to be installing Genuine Debian. Raspian on the RPi4 is,
IMHO, less than stable.

--
Glenn English