RE: Debian on raspberrypi: failed to configure wlan0

Hello Franco,

So just to be sure we understand you correctly, and anyone else who thinks this is the solution...

[....]
> Thanks for your answer I've just solved thank reading this link [1] it was the gateway line once commented all work fine. Now the wlan0 configuration file is:
>

> ~# cat /etc/network/interfaces.d/wlan0
> # allow-hotplug wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet static
>     address 192.168.0.9
>     netmask 255.255.255.0
>     network 192.168.0.0
>     broadcast 192.168.0.255
>     # gateway 192.168.0.1
>     wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
>
> Debian on raspberrypi works great I've cups, bind9, isc-dhcp-server running fine, if you are unsure give it a try.
>

> [1]
> https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/13895/solving-rtnetlink-answers-file-exists-when-running-ifup

The discussion behind this links talks about the fact that a system can have only one default gateway, there can be only one gateway statement in the interfaces file(s).
As you show us the config for one file in the interfaces.d/ directory, can we assume you have another interface that is up and running for which there is a separate file in interfaces.d/ ?
That file might then not even have a gateway statement if it used dhcp.

Bonno Bloksma