Re: dropbox security situation

Hi,

8 déc. 2019 à 14:47 de jhasler@newsguy.com:

> Do you use the same username everywhere?  It's common for criminals to
> collect lists of usernames and try them in combination with guessed
> passwords on as many services as possible.  The yield is low but it's
> cost-effective for them because the process is fully automated using
> thousands of bots and many people use poor passwords.

It's called Password Reuse attacks or Password stuffing btw if you want to get more information about it.
I've seen last week that some tools like PAF Credentials Checker (https://github.com/kindredgroup/paf-credentials-checker) are developped to detect potential use cases/occurrences to help mitigating the risks.

Usual advice : use strong passwords (i.e. long enough with high entropy => generated&stored in a dedicated password manager) AND 1 different per service, never the same.

Best regards,
l0f4r0