Re: amanda stopped working: selfcheck fails

Il 02/12/19 01:32, Charles Curley ha scritto:

How do you know this? Granted, upgrades are a likely culprit, but don't

I log all config changes, timestamped and with relevant links to documentation or supporting evidence for the decision.

Is there any reason you are doing production backups on Debian testing?
If these are production backups.

mononoke is my home desktop, clarisse is the laptop and flyingraspi is a raspberry running an ADS-B monitor, so hardly "production". Still, it's annoying when backups fail.

If I had to run one of the two, I'd prefer xinetd. However, I suggest
you use SSH for all your machines. It's tedious to set up, but once set
up it is stable and more secure. Then you might (depending on what
other services it manages) be able to take xinetd off entirely.
amanda-common requires inetd, so you can't take it off. But you can use
systemctl to stop it and disable it.

I have verified that the xinetd config was a left-over and removed it.

clarisse is actually using the ssh connection precisely because it's more exposed than the other two hosts and I didn't want to punch a hole in the firewall for such a limited scenario.

The decision to leave the other two with bsdtcp connections was based on raw speed.

Thanks,
Andrea.