Re: A cache problem of some sort?

Hello,

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 08:36:19AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Thank you. Monday I'll make a followup report referencing this thread.

I don't think that the person you are corresponding with will be
technical as such; they'll have less knowledge of HTTP, caches,
last-modified, Debian and Linux than you do and mentioning any of
this and/or directing them here I think will likely only confuse
them.

I would just say that I checked again more than a week after they
advised it had been updated and it still reads the same, as
confirmed by several other people around the country and indeed the
world. Perhaps ask that they look at the page themselves to confirm.
That should be enough for any person to understand that the change
hasn't actually happened (if not why).

If they do have to pass it on to someone more technical, that
person is already going to know more about the actual architecture
of their systems and likely isn't going to need a pointer to
a debian-users thread!

Cheers,
Andy