Re: Extracting tabular text from a pdf

On 11/28/2019 07:57 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 07:02:08AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 11/27/2019 01:19 PM, David Wright wrote:

Perhaps look for an editor that can select rectangular blocks. For
example, emacs has rectangular variants of commands.

[...]

I browsed the documentation. It appears to be overkill [...]

Emacs is always overkill. OTOH, "Emacs is overkill" is always
a lame excuse.

<chuckle>
How about "not suitable to task"?
Okular will allow me to quickly extract desired information from documents in various formats (i.e. make rough draft).
TECO or Emacs suitable for creating final product.
{Could make totem-pole from oak tree with pocket knife.
 But chainsaw initially much more "suitable to task" ;}