Re: Extracting tabular text from a pdf

On Thu 16 Mar 2017 at 08:27:40 (-0500), Richard Owlett wrote:

> YEPP <grin>
> I was the failure which prompted my post.
> Geany, as suggested, solves my current problem without adding large portions of another DE.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_text_editors
the "Rectangular block selection" column and the "Geany" row intersect
with a green ✓, spelled "Yes".

I must say it surprises me that you don't seem to get on with emacs
if you were using TECO professionally at DEC. Several times over that
period I've had to change editors completely, starting from my very
first: the 029 card punch.

A minor correction to my first post: the deceptive rectangular box
drawn by dragging the mouse is displayed by zathura, not evince.
Dragging the mouse over the same path in evince will select the
same text as zathura does, but will highlight that text correctly.

Cheers,
David.