Re: Extracting tabular text from a pdf

On 11/27/2019 01:19 PM, David Wright wrote:

Perhaps look for an editor that can select rectangular blocks. For
example, emacs has rectangular variants of commands.
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Rectangles.html
Back in the last millennium, I was using TDE (Thomson-Davis Editor)
to do much the same in DOS.

I browsed the documentation. It appears to be overkill for what I'm doing at the moment. However if my project advances it may be what I'll want. It reminds me somewhat of TECO which I used back in the 70's.