Re: Configuring hotplugged input devices

Jonas Smedegaard (12019-11-25):
> udev is the standard - it is an infrastructure where you can then hook
> tools onto.

Unicode is the standard, but not the standard about what I am asking.
Speaking about Unicode here is irrelevant.

Same goes for udev.

> Somewhere you need root access - to install whatever tool you want to
> expose to your users of the system.

No, I do not need root access, I can install the tool in my home
directory. Anyway, I would be ok with using root privileges to install
the tool, but not to use the tool to configure the device; I hope you
can grasp the difference.

> None of those _tools_ are "standard" in Debian, but if you care less
> about that part of your question and more about the user interface part,
> then I suggest taking a look at Debian packages esekeyd and
> triggerhappy.

triggerhappy: "Unlike other hotkey daemons, it runs as a persistent,
systemwide service"

esekeyd: "It is a userspace program that pools /dev/input/event?
interfaces"

Not what I am asking at all.

Regards,

--